Mission and Purpose
Omeza is a leading evidence-based medical technology and consumer healthcare products company based in Sarasota, FL USA. Initially focused on closing chronic wounds and preventing their recurrence, the Omeza mission is to improve healthcare efficiency one market at a time, beginning with wound care.
Omeza end-users are people who have or are at risk for developing chronic wounds due to aging — exacerbated by comorbidities including diabetes, obesity, chronic venous insufficiency, peripheral artery disease and autoimmune disease. Current standard care is ineffective, with wound closure hindered by biofilm, excessive debridement, and inadequate provider training that results in stalled wounds and expensive, often ineffective advanced wound care treatments. These wounds frequently result in costly hospital admissions and amputations.
We are developing a performance-based bundle of Omeza products to treat venous leg ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, pressure ulcers and surgical wounds. In turn helping to improve quality of life for patients, simplify evaluation and treatment protocols for providers, and reduce medical loss for payers. Initial product line includes: Omeza® skin protectant and Omeza® lidocaine lavage.
Omeza was founded by Thomas Gardner, a seasoned global pharmaceutical and skin care executive, and Griscom (Chip) Bettle, a renowned chemical engineer and inventor. In partnership with Dr. Desmond Bell, DPM, CWS, a leader in limb salvage and lower extremity wound care, the core ingredient formulation of the Omeza product line was created to support a dramatic increase in the healing rate of Venous Leg Ulcers (VLUs) and Diabetic Foot Ulcers (DFUs).
Since the company’s formation in 2017, the first products in the initial lineup, based upon a proprietary omega oil formulation, are being launched and used in a variety of settings. From controlled consumer testing to use in physician supervised settings, the products are generating positive case studies. Formalized testing to achieve more statistically significant results will commence in Q3 2019.
AT A GLANCE
Leigh Kramer, (410) 218-0164 email@example.com HELICOPTER MARKETING
25 S. Osprey Avenue Sarasota, FL 34236
Thomas Gardner Founder and CEO
Sarah Kitlowski President and COO
Griscom Bettle Chief Innovation Officer
Desmond Bell, MD Chief Medical Officer
Wendi Chapman, Esq. VP, Finance & Admin
Daniel Weiss, CPA, JD CFO
Joel Morganroth, MD Chairman
Ronald G. Gelbman
Robert A. Essner
Thomas E. Gardner
Thomas Gardner founded the company in conjunction with “Chip” Bettle, the inventor behind the proprietary technology and formulations.
Founder Tom Gardner’s amazed reaction to the early results of the Omega-3 Oil prompted the expression “omezing”, and the rest is history.
Omeza LLC is privately owned by a small group of forward-thinking investors.
The product line currently being developed contains a skin protectant, a wound wash, and other products which together form a powerful bundled solution for serious wounds and skin ulcers. Products are designed to work together or individually to help protect vulnerable skin and prevent skin problems in the first place.
The Omeza Omega-3® Oil Spray is available at select independent pharmacies and on Amazon.
Not at all. The ingredients in the Omega-3 Oil are processed and combined in such a way as to be rapidly absorbed and extremely bio-available.
IN THE NEWS
- Omeza raises $5.75 M in recent capital round
- Product by area company now available at pharmacies
- Omeza launches first of leading-edge skincare products
- The healing power of omega oils on skin, wounds
- Good Deeds: Sarasota-Manatee businesses give back
- Dr. Desmond Bell Inducted into the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- eHealth Radio Network - Dr Desmond Bell - Non-healing wounds may be worse than cancer
- eHeath Radio Network - Thomas E. Gardner - Value Based Healthcare
- eHealth radio network - Thomas E. Gardner - Restoring skin integrity with Omeza
- eHealth radio network - Dr. Desmond Bell - Chronic Wounds in the 21st Century
- Estimated 145 MILLION PEOPLE in the US have or are at risk of developing serious skin problems.
- Skin ulceration estimated annual cost to Medicare alone is $28-32 BILLION annually.
- The economic burden of diabetes related wounds on our healthcare system is greater than most forms of cancer.
- The 5-year mortality rate of a non-healing foot ulcer, often related to peripheral neuropathy and peripheral arterial disease, is roughly 50%. Only lunch and pancreatic cancer have a worse diagnosis.
Suggested Discussion suggestions
How did the company’s founders get into the skin care business?
Since many of your ingredients are found in nature, how important are environmental factors such as sustainability and ingredient quality to Omeza?
Since neither of the Omeza founders has a medical background, how are you ensuring the products work in the real world clinical setting?
Where are your products developed and manufactured?
What makes Omeza’s Omega-3 oil different from other skin care ingredients?
What are some of the challenges Omeza has faced bringing the products to market?
Can you describe the synergy between your products in a wound care example?
Are any of your products recommended for the average consumer with no chronic skin problems?
Why are so many serious skin problems are never resolved?
What steps will Omeza need to take to accomplish its mission of helping the millions of patients receiving the current standard care?
How will Omeza convince healthcare practitioners to start using or recommending Omeza products?